"Wake every day with a WINGED HEART and give thanks for another day of LOVING." (Khalil Gibran)

Friday, February 15, 2008

Updates and My Gratitude

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA but the last week has been so difficult. My stepmother's illness and her death really threw me for a loop. Her funeral was very nice (as nice as they can be). I managed to speak and to read a poem I wrote, but it was tough to get through. My step-sister aranged a very nice dinner after the funeral service. The weather was absolutely terrible. We had about six inches of snow and then the freezing rain hit. I managed to fall down the steps in front of the rec center where the dinner was held. I went down pretty hard and felt like a beached whale laying there in the freezing rain, but am less sore now. On top of that, the very same evening, I came down with the flu...really nasty stuff. That was Tuesday and I'm just now being able to start keeping anything down.

One of the things that got me through this difficult time was the wonderful comments and emails I received from all of you. How blessed I am to have your support! It means so much to me. Never doubt that a kind word, an expressed prayer, or a gentle hug sent on the internet can lift a person and help then cope with whatever they are going through. I'm living proof! You are all priceless to me.

I'm starting to feel strong enough to start designing again so I've commenced work on the Victorian Easter kit. I'm really happy with it so far. The colors are a bit brighter than the rest of my Victorian kits have been. Here they are:



Check back on Monday (President's Day). I hope to have a little something for all of you then.

Many blessings...and have a safe weekend!

With gratitude,
Sally

5 comments:

Karla Kellum said...

Hi Sally,
The Lord really laid you on my heart something special today and I prayed that you received an overwhelming sense of His love for you.....he certainly does and is interested in all the little details honey. Sorry to hear of your loss and fall. I pray you recover quickly and happy for you that you have been able to get back to creating!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have had such a bad time. sending lots of hugs and prayers

Anonymous said...

Just popped in to see how you're doing. Sorry you're not so well at the moment.

Thinking of you.

Lots of luv and {{{hugs}}}

Chris

Karla said...

Hello, Dear Sally,

Maybe blogger will let me leave a message here this time.

I hope my email was among the helpful and uplifting. I'm sorry you've been going through so much lately. You continue to be in my prayers.

You've got my sympathy with the flu; I've caught something, but I hope it's not the flu. Stay in bed; keep warm. The new scrap kit (as eager as I am to get it) can wait. I know it's going to be lovely.

{{{Hugs}}}
Karla (RoseAddict)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally,

Sorry to hear about your fall and the flu bug you caught. Hope you are feeling better now. =)

Leann and Dave